Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Love and logic parenting with Football

The beginning of August. Cole announced he needed Cleats for football. I said there is a pair in the storage room.
Cole: No mom, those won't work there is No way I am going to wear those!
Mom: We bought him a new pair Aug 12.
Sep 15, Grandparents, Uncles and immediate family attending foot ball game.
315pm: Phone rings, Cole says. "Mom, I need money to buy my cleats back."
Mom: I already bought them.
Cole: Mooooom, the Coach need 50cents before I can have them back.
Mom: Better borrow some money from a friend, I have to go pick up your sisters from school and take them to Piano.
Cole: All of my friends are broke.
Mom: That is a bummer. I gotta run, bye.
3:45 pm Grandparents, Uncles on way to football game.
phone rings again:
Cole: Mom, the coach doesn't have my shoes and says I can't play.
Mom: I am at Piano, why don't you go look for your shoes. Your grandparents and Uncles will be there soon, tell them.
The conclusion: Cole did not play, was told he had to get cleats if he wanted to play the rest of the season. The Grandparents and Uncles came over for dinner as there was nothing else to do!
And...the extra pair of cleats I had in the storage room ended up being the best shoes on earth! Coaches learn they have to try and get these guys to keep track of their stuff! Just think about the poor mothers! That is why Cole has gone to the bus stop in the dead of winter with no coat! Otherwise he would never remember that he has one in his locker at school.

No comments: