Monday, July 6, 2009

Caught in the middle of ?

Cole is back, between conventions Cole had invited Peyton to stay with us. I felt sorry for Peyton because I was so busy that I never really cooked a meal or took them anywhere exciting. It was just survival. But, strange things happen to us so Peyton got to live our wild life!
After we dropped off Drew at civil air patrol we stopped by Wendy's at Colo Blvd and Alameda to get dinner for the rest of us. We heard police sirens and didn't really think anything of it. After we had gone through the drive through I handed the bags back to Cole to see if we got everything...of course not! We were missing both french fries, so I pulled into a parking space and hopped out, leaving Cole and Peyton with the girls. I noticed a helicopter above me and it looked like he was circling my vehicle, that seemed a little wierd...then I noticed a police car parked on Alameda blocking all the cars...and then another police car came screaching up to the other side of the parking lot, a cop jumps out pulls his gun and runs towards the Wendys. I was only half way across the parking lot, I look up and the helicopter is still circling. I decided we are going to skip fries tonight! I run back to the car, and got us out there as quick as I could! Cole tells the story that I was driving 90 through the parking lot. Peyton ended up with a great story to tell his parents! We never saw anything in the news that told us what really happened but the boys have come up with some good stories. I am starting to think that Suburban of mine attracts strange happenings ! At least we didn't get shot in it this time!

1 comment:

dogtiredstudent said...

Yikes, that sounds kinda scarey!!!! Hopefully that doesn't happen again!!!!!