Friday, April 4, 2008

Just a normal Thursday night....





Drew begged to not got to Chinese School because his Guitar might show up with UPS. As I was walking out the door, I caught him snichin' stew from the crockpot. Last time I had him cook 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef for tacos, when I got home there was 1/4 of a cup left of it for Bill, the girls and I! Sooo, I quickly grabbed the crockpot, the pot of potatoes and put them in my room. The cord was too short to put it in the bathroom, so I had to put it on the floor. Then I locked my room door and scooted off to Chinese school. It didn't hit me until I was at school that I had set it on the carpet and maybe it could start a fire. So I blazed home, went to get the key for my room and it was missing! Argh, so I go to the garage and get out the mini screwdriver set, not one will open the door. I am starting to panic, as it is dinner and could start a fire...oh what do I know! Meanwhile, the UPS driver shows up with Drew's guitar. Jade finds a boxtop on the empty kleenex box and must remove with the sharpest knife in the house. Drew wants to plug in the amp right next to my room door. I run to the garage, get the cordless screwdiver, undo the doorknob, save dinner...oh look Surabi the fluffy cat was locked in here with dinner for 3 hours. Good thing she is our only "good" cat, didn't eat dinner or go potty in the room, things are looking good. Cole comes home from playing basketball at the park, the girls don't like the stew. Jade starts a time test for addition while I make a salad, Cole wants to copy some sheets. He then goes and gets my fax machine to make copies in the middle of the floor. I serve the stew, Big Daddy walks in at 8:30pm. I tell him, oh can you reassemble the door knob? He wants to know how we can get the house to be so trashed, because he gave us until 8:30 to get it cleaned up. And why didn't I use the key, it was right next to the door on top of the thermostat!

No comments: