Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A morning to start thumb sucking...

Ever had a day you want to just crawl under the table, get into a fetal position and start sucking your thumb? There will be no pictures in the post, my humor has left the building.
It started last night when I couldn't get to sleep. So my day started with 5 hours of sleep, a cranky start to the day. When did the schools decide it is great to let them out the day before t-day?! So I have 5 kids, Zoe joined us early this am. I have 2 lady ministers coming for dinner and the night, and all I have to make is 2 salads for tomorrow...sounds easy enough! First start cleaning the house with 5 kids running around. #2 son(my messiest) decides it is a perfect time to make salt dough for his diorama homework project, this was after I had just swept the floor! #1 son is motivated to go over to friends and wants all his chores checked for approval. Jade is bawling that Asia's special stuff...bla bla. I tell the girls to get the basement looking good :-) Jade comes back with, "Dad's tank in flooding again" The tank is 240 gallons of salt water right next to the guest room. So I call big daddy for suggestions, and hoping he would come home! But, no he is working the almost to Kansas route and won't be back until 830pm! He tries to guide me through the maze of the chemistry lab that is behind the acquarium to find the leak...I of course can't find anything! Meanwhile I have sent the screaming wahinis up stairs.
The phone beeps while I am speaking to big daddy, and it is a social worker! I decide it is best to ignore the call as I would want totell her I want to kill all kids in my 40 foot radius, is that a bad thing? Meanwhile I have to locate the wetvac which is in the garage with a bunch of sawdust in it. I try to get the stupid filter off, Drew comes out to see if he can help. I said, yes! figure out how this works. He gets the filter off, but somehow needs to locate me in the house carrying a dustbunny filter dripping with saw dust through out most of the house....keep in mind this is after I have swept/vacuumed it! My cheery disposition has fully departed now! I get water all slurped up and it is now lunch time. I feed the girls outside and tell them that if they come in the house they have to clean for me :-) I am just starting on the 2nd salad now... The sun will come out tomorrow! Maybe!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! My thoughts are with you. LOL Your day is making my day look like a breeze!

Kim said...

So special to wake up on Thanksgiving Day at your home. Loved see you all...

sandstep7 said...

Yeah...those days off are always quite an adventure aren't they???
Well look on the bright side...all your fish are still alive! hee hee ha ha Must have been one of those days where you just have to laugh because really nothing else can be done!
The Stephen Family