Saturday, March 14, 2009

Road trip anyone? Leaving on Friday...not telling the kids!

Sorry about not posting, I did find out why I haven't been feeling energetic. I have Pneumonia! I am on drugs now and feeling much better. I better feel better by next Friday...because Jo, her girls, my girls and I are driving to San Diego...won't that be a hoot! I am certain I will have some good stories. We are leaving early Friday morning and I hope to be in Vegas by 9pm. Then we will have a calmer day on Saturday. We will rendezvous at the Kona Kai with her brother and then we hope to water taxi over to Anthony's for dinner. My girls and I will then head to the Myers for a couple of nights. The girls and I will head to Disneyland early Tuesday am to breakfast with Minnie and get into the park early and we will do a longggg day....maybe as long as Jade doesn't go into meltdown stage 4! Wednesday we relax and pick up the boys flying into Orange County, hope to head to Mrs. Knott's for her Fried ckn dinner, biscuits and boysenberry pie! Thursday we will go to Universal Studios with all the kids, if we get done at a decent time we will head to Westwood for some Diddy Riece ice cream sandwiches. Friday I have reservations at the Beachcomber Cafe, Newport coast for Drew's birthday breakfast overlooking the Pacific ocean. Then we will do an evening Birthday Party on the Beach at Corona Del Mar, I hope to score one of their fire pits so we can roast hot dogs and do sm'ores...if not it will be sub sandwiches and cake! Early Saturday I will make sure the boys' flight takes off and then Jo and I will head back-whew! Care to come?!! The kids don't know about this yet, and big daddy vowed to never drive to CA again... I will tell the boys on Thursday night after their sisters are in bed and asleep...the girls, I will wake them up Friday am get them dressed and pop them in the car. This is all to stop Jade from having me insane by asking 500 billion times a day, when are we going?!!!

3 comments:

denise said...

Sounds like a busy but fun packed vaca'; I had wondered when you's would be going. As for the keeping it secret until the last min., I have to do the same or it just is insane! :( Have a good trip!

sandstep7 said...

I can't wait to hear the stories from this one! Have lots of fun!

Unknown said...

WOW!! I think I am tired after reading that post!! :) I hope you are feeling better and I hope also that Drew or Cole don't happen to know your blog address!! :) Otherwise, maybe you won't have to tell them! :) :)