Monday, March 2, 2009

Science Fair and a naughty mom



I am very greatful for scientists, I will try and put some enthusiasm in my voice when I suggest to my daughters to take up a scientific career. But I will sadly confess that I hate science, I took Astronomy in College because I really don't care about this subject! Somehow when the boys were in the lower levels I always got volunteered to help with everything science until I put my foot down in Drew's 2nd grade and made sure I signed up for reading. So, to encourage our daughters they now participate in the Science fair to earn a medal and a rootbeer float. Because I am naughty, I have learned that you can do this as a group...which means less work :-). So Tami's job was to find the easiest thing we could do a science project on ... the winner was "What is a bird's nest made out of" Then I just had to take the pictures of the girls pulling it apart. Then we had to answer the questions. So, being the best scientist on earth I started with the Conclusion and worked all the questions backwards to the Hypothesis, which was amazingly proven true! Remember that very busy weekend when Domenic and Olan were here and it was Chinese New years, we were doing the science project while Domenic cooked the Pizza. Drew walks in and looks at the "google" on my laptop which reads, What is a Hypothesis for what a nest is made out of...Drew says, Mom you can't do that, that's not how you are supposed to do it!
You are cheating! Yeah I told him, I hate science and that is as good as it gets...hopefully the girls weren't listening! Or Domenic! He chuckled from the kitchen so I know he did! I just hope no one from the neighborhood reads this!

2 comments:

denise said...

I never liked Science either, so we'll see what "kind of mom" I am when it comes to the Science Fair! :( So far they haven't had to do them...

Unknown said...

So many things I could say... So many things I could say! :) :) :)