Thursday, April 9, 2009

Firepits and Boys...what was I thinking!!

To Celebrate Drew's 13th Birthday. He is grilling honeydo

< Cole is grilling Asia's favorite beach toys a plastic seahorse


The plastic on fire

Asia's response to the flaming toys.

Note the white shirts from the morning and previous post are not getting any whiter.


Grillin dogs over the fire pit
Anna looks pretty good here considering she got hospitalized for pneumonia the next night.

Part of the crew, I know I was feeling pretty grungy by now with sand and smoke in everything!



The Corona del Mar beach has a nice calm break, good for kids.


Making a sandwich
I told her to look a little better than the picture below, Nae Nae is not impressed with the white shirt that has just been laundered in the muddy sand!


Ok, I can check firepit on the Beach off the list! If I were to do it again, don't invite boys....my boys. It was day 2 1/2 of not having big daddy around and mom presents them with fire, can you even imagine! I was living in LaLa land...what was I thinking!!! It provided Jo with relief that she never pursued adopting boys, and Heather and Aaron with concern to not expand their family. Yes, they were grilling EVERYTHING, fruit, pop bottles....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Creative!
I Buy Wood Stoves

Unknown said...

Hey! Sometimes it's not a matter of adopting... mom and dad got me... From the womb... and ornery and not a boy... a GIRL!! *gasp* :) It's the luck of the draw!! :) :) At least the fire was in a contained environment!!! :)