Tuesday, May 6, 2008

San Diego

Ahhhhhhh the view from my balcony



Ahhhhh boats in the marina


The Kona Kai Beach and Marina


Although I had signed up for this conference months in advance, I booked my flight just a day before. I received certification for Faith based travel and niche cruises. Niche cruises are small boutique type ships that are all over the world. There are barges on the Mississippi, a small luxury cruise on the Mekong from Vietnam to Cambodia, Australia to New Guinea, alot to Antartica, a bunch in the Med and yachts for anywhere!

The first night was invited to a yummy Mexican meal in Old town San Diego the Jolly something. The 2nd night I finally got to meet Michelle and Al after so many years of hearing about them. They have 3 adopted children, their first child Michelle lived on the Amazon for almost 6 months before bringing him home.

Cool Recipe, she made cheater enchiladas. Just pulled frozen Beef Tacquitos from Costco out of a bag. Put them in a dish and poured enchilada sauce over them and baked for 40 minutes sprinkled cheese on them and voila yummy enchiladas! I didn't know Costco had a cookbook for their stuff but try this. http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/creativecooking/

I stayed at the Kona Kai, it was a good choice for a woman traveling alone. It had a cute little beach and had a nice staff. It is 3 miles from the airport.

No comments: